Innisfail Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
The Innisfail District Chamber of Commerce Industry and Tourism will be sending out membership renewal and information for the 2017/18 financial year in the coming few days.
The AGM is scheduled for Monday 21st August 2017. Click here to download an Invitation (PDF) to attend with further details. We welcome all to attend.
Nominations will be called for all positions. Only Chamber members can nominate and vote.
Click here to download a nomination form for your information.
If you would like to attend the AGM please contact Moira Sultana on 0458 669 861
“From the President”
On behalf of the IDCCIT, I am pleased to welcome Moira Sultana as the new Administrator Officer for the Chamber. This position was a vital part of the vision from the 2014 Business Plan, and it will now give us the much-needed momentum to take the Chamber to the next level in service, and will allow us to deliver greater outcomes to our members and the wider community. Moria will have our new Innisfail Office and Meeting Rooms in the CANEGROWERS building in Grace Street, open from 9am until 2.00pm Monday to Thursday inclusive. The IDCCIT Office phone number is: 0458 669 861. Feel free to drop in and say hi, grab a cuppa and have a chat to Moira. I ask that you give Moira your full support as she delivers on the outcomes for the Chamber and the Innisfail Community.
On another matter………. the IDCCIT is about to commence with the 2017 Shopping Enhancement Raffle or SER, promoted as “SHOP LOCAL & WIN”. We are really excited about this event, and you will soon be talking to a couple of lovely local ladies from Creative Events Innisfail, who have won the right to operate the 2017 SER. This promotion is all about enhancing the shopping volumes through our Innisfail businesses as we head towards Christmas.
There will be a CAR as the major prize, and 6 off $500 vouchers to be won when you spend $25 or more per sale at participating business. It is planned that the Draw will be held on the Innisfail Christmas Evening planned for Friday night the 1st December, after the traditional lighting of the Christmas Tree in Canecutter Court. There will be flyers about town in shop windows to explain all the conditions and promoting participating business, as well as being advertised in the local papers, on 4KZ and on our Facebook and here on our Webpage.
Very soon the Prize CAR will be displayed in town at the Canecutter Court area for all to see. Any questions can be directed to Moira on 0458 669 861 or myself Ron on 0400 148 149.
Cheers for now, stay safe, and keep promoting and enjoying the greatest region in Australia.
Ron Donges – President IDCIT
What is the Innisfail Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism?
The Innisfail District Chamber unites with businesses investing in the future of our community.
Membership Services and Benefits
- Monthly meetings, providing a forum to exchange ideas and information. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month with dinner meetings.
- Regular information emails and updates. Stay informed of what’s going on in the district.
- Marketing and advertising opportunities. Market your business and advertise your special offers quickly and cheaply within the membership and the community.
- Networking opportunities. Meetings, functions and events.
- Opportunities to participate in community and business events as they arise. Festival of Innisfail, Awards Gala, Carols by Candlelight, Shop Local campaigns.
Business and Community Services
- Active in district Economic Development to attract new industry and business.
- Liaising with local council and providing information and advice about rates, services and business issues.
- Promotion of tourism to the region.
- Provides a strong voice for pro-business policies at the local, state and federal level.
- Encourages public to shop locally.
Go to the “Join the Chamber” page to join online now!