Innisfail Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
February 2018 – General Dinner Meeting
|Guest Speakers:||Rhiannon Evans – Program Leader – Panama TR4 Program
Kathryn Dryden – CSIRO – Mozzie Research Project
|Time:||6.00pm arrival for 6.30pm start|
|Date:||Tuesday 20 February 2018|
|Location:||Sapore di Italia – 54 Rankin Street Innisfail|
|Cost:||Members $28.00 Non Members $35.00|
Two course meal – Drinks available for purchase (BYO Alcohol)
Bring your business card for the draw!
RSVP: Monday 19 February 2018
Bookings: Through Trybooking.com at the following link https://www.trybooking.com/TYDN
Enquiries: Ph: 0458 669 861 firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart Town Project Update
Following up on a previous email from the Chamber regarding an Innisfail Smart Town Project and a grant application under the Building Better Community Fund. We would like to report that we had 21 letters of support from our members and the broader community.
Yesterday we submitted a grant application from the Building Better Community Fund, which if successful, will enable us to start our change process for the business community and wider Innisfail community.
This proposal is exciting as we will be engaging some professional services to aid us in developing a plan to improve the business and community thinking about Innisfail and its opportunities for the future.
Whilst we all have at some stage attacked the mindsets that exit here, and the apparent lack of drive for businesses, we have also identified many positive aspects that need to be explored. This program will help us open up our minds and thinking to these opportunities. At the same time there will be an educational program for the younger community so we actually improve the lateral thinking of the next generation.
What is the Innisfail Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism?
The Innisfail District Chamber unites with businesses investing in the future of our community.
Membership Services and Benefits
- Monthly meetings, providing a forum to exchange ideas and information. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month with dinner meetings.
- Regular information emails and updates. Stay informed of what’s going on in the district.
- Marketing and advertising opportunities. Market your business and advertise your special offers quickly and cheaply within the membership and the community.
- Networking opportunities. Meetings, functions and events.
- Opportunities to participate in community and business events as they arise. Festival of Innisfail, Awards Gala, Carols by Candlelight, Shop Local campaigns.
Business and Community Services
- Active in district Economic Development to attract new industry and business.
- Liaising with local council and providing information and advice about rates, services and business issues.
- Promotion of tourism to the region.
- Provides a strong voice for pro-business policies at the local, state and federal level.
- Encourages public to shop locally.
Go to the “Join the Chamber” page to join online now!