Innisfail Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
President’s Update for OCTOBER 2017
Over the past couple of months the new team has covered many topics in discussions, as we look to make improvements for the coming year. Some of these topics that will be a focus for the coming months will be 2018 Membership Packages offerings, revamping the Constitution, future Speaker program, Advertising/Promotion, Events for the year remaining, and a successful conclusion to our SER.
Now that we are nearing Christmas, we will be promoting our SER more regularly by new Radio Ads, updates in the papers, and moving the Prize Car around town to various chosen locations at specific times. All our participating businesses need to openly encourage their shoppers to enter their tickets after purchases. I have had reports of some businesses not bothering with offering their clients tickets which defeats the purpose of the shoppers going to their stores. All members need to be openly encouraging businesses that they come in contact with to get involved.
We want to add more impact to the night that we will draw the prize, so I ask all members to have their say as to what you might want to see on the night. Some ideas already have been musical/singing entertainment, kids’ rides, food stall etc. Please lodge your ideas with Moira over the next 3 weeks so we can collate and get organized.
Membership continues to grow with the dedicated drive from Moira to encourage new business to get involved in the Chamber. We now have a wide and diverse group of businesses, and the challenge now is for the Chamber to ensure we can provide meaningful offerings that will benefit all businesses involved. Once again, we encourage you all to have your say, as this is your chamber, and we want to provide an appropriate outcome to all businesses across the year. I encourage you to make contact with one of our Exec team if you have an idea, want help with an issue, looking for advice or maybe need to chat.
The team is now spilt up into portfolios based on their skillset, so this will give the chamber the best chance to grow with the talents that we collectively have, and to ensure all Executive are involved in the operation of the chamber. I have copied the team’s portfolios on the back, so please feel free to make contact when required.
What is the Innisfail Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism?
The Innisfail District Chamber unites with businesses investing in the future of our community.
Membership Services and Benefits
- Monthly meetings, providing a forum to exchange ideas and information. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month with dinner meetings.
- Regular information emails and updates. Stay informed of what’s going on in the district.
- Marketing and advertising opportunities. Market your business and advertise your special offers quickly and cheaply within the membership and the community.
- Networking opportunities. Meetings, functions and events.
- Opportunities to participate in community and business events as they arise. Festival of Innisfail, Awards Gala, Carols by Candlelight, Shop Local campaigns.
Business and Community Services
- Active in district Economic Development to attract new industry and business.
- Liaising with local council and providing information and advice about rates, services and business issues.
- Promotion of tourism to the region.
- Provides a strong voice for pro-business policies at the local, state and federal level.
- Encourages public to shop locally.
Go to the “Join the Chamber” page to join online now!